This extraordinary pair of winged horses once graced the entrance to a Sicilian palazzo. They are very well formed with delicately-scaled front legs and wings. Moving from front to back, the horse devolves into scrolled foliage. The limestone stone has the usual staining but relatively little damage, mostly consisting of minor chipping of the wings. The expression of the face is naive and playful, like a pony's. The hint of a smile suggests whimsy and fantasy, more unicorn than classical Greek Pegasus.
- Origin | Sicily, Italy
- Dimensions | 42.5"W x 9"D x 24.5"H (L); 42"W x 9"D x 24.5"H (R)
- Age | 18th Century
- Material | Limestone
- ID | 22E01094
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.