According to Buddhist tradition, the Buddha had two first Chief Disciples, SÄriputta and MoggallÄna. Depictions of these apostles are often found along side Buddha statues on temple altars. In South East Asia, most of these sculptures are wooden. These exceptionally fluid and life-like sculptures are cast in bronze. The apostles are depicted in a worshipful pose. The first, face upturned, gently extends his arms with palms down and delicately outstretched fingers. The second, kneeling forward, is bent down with hands clasped together. Their highly detailed gilt robes, adorned with mirrored glass, ripple and fold to the contours of their bodies.
- Origin | Northern Thailand
- Dimensions | 24"W x 34"D x 29"H
- Age | 20th Century
- Material | Bronze
- ID | 15T02298
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.