A set of 4 gray pottery court ladies. These petite effigies are a type of centuries-old burial figurine known as míngqì. Such model figures were placed in tombs of individuals with high status to ensure a safe journey to the afterlife. Meant to depict the pleasures of daily life, common burial figures were warriors, dancers, male and female figures and animals. These míngqì are of court ladies wearing a flowing verically striped robes with their hair in a high bun, a typical hairstyle of the Tang period. The clay sculptures are painted with natural pigments that are still vivid after more than a 1000 years.
- Origin | China
- Dimensions | 4"W x 3"D x 12"H
- Age | 618 - 907AD
- Material | Terracotta
- ID | RHS030
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at email@example.com or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.