This teakwood roof pediment once decorated a Northern Thai house. Thai houses featured steeply angled roofs to shed heavy rain quickly. The roofs were covered in Teak shingles and often featured large overhangs. This pediment fit underneath one of these overhangs and was protected from both sun and water to a considerable degree. The piece's attractive angular geometry comes out of longstanding Thai tradition. It's attractive to the eye but its design flows out of an effort to economize on the use of wood. This coffered composition saves larger, thicker pieces of wood for framing and uses small thine boards to fill in the spaces left over. It's very efficient in its use of an expensive and valuable resource -Teak. Origin: Northern Thailand, 19th Century.
- Origin | Thailand
- Dimensions | 78.75"W x 2"D x 49.75"H
- Age | 19th Century
- Material | Teak Wood
- ID | 98T07032A
Need Assistance? Call 312.755.1266
- Will be shipped with a White Glove Delivery company. The Golden Triangle will assist in setting up delivery. Items typically arrives within 2-3 weeks.
- UPS Ground Delivery. Arrives in 5-7 business days.
- Call us at 312.755.1266 to arrange a time and date for pick-up.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312.755.1266. We offer a 3-day return after receiving an item. All sale and discounted items are final sale and not returnable.
- Items must be returned in the condition received. The Golden Triangle reserves the right to refuse the return of damaged pieces.
See our full shipping & return policy here or contact us at 312-755-1266 or email@example.com with any questions you may have!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.